Monday, July 11, 2011

Hurray for me! July 11, 2011

 Hey family, how are you all doing? 
 I havent read any of your emails yet because i didnt want to be writing this when im totally out of time at the end, so this is my first besides my letter to presidant. Ive had a really good week, except for this morning, in which i was in the state of rage that anyone who knows me, knows i reach when i wait for 20 minutes in western union line, to be told i dont have the right form, to fill it out, wait in line some more, to be told that since my middle name isnt on the transfer, i cant have my money. even if i have my passport AND the pin number that only i would have. i came the closest i have to losing my temper in a long time. no worries though, i kept it. but dang. yall can picture it im sure.
         other than that. we had a great zone meeting. its always fun to get with the whole zone and get excited and play some mad football (only two goals today) and the like. I also learned how to do a rubix cuve and completed it for the first time. which reinforced my newish belief that its not the best idea to give up on things right away. i actually kept at it and i can do it now, just like the yo yo tricks, and hopefully soon the language of castillano.
     so yeah, i actually wrote down a list of things i wanted to say so here goes. 
number 1- friday we went on splits with the zone leaders since we have a new one whos way cool in our area so he wanted to know it better, so thursday and friday were splits. anyway, friday both teams got lunch appointments for the four of us, so saturday we had two lunches, since it was important for both of the families to have that contact with us. saturday was their independance day, where they make the national delecacy...dont know how to spell that anymore. its called locro, and it has just about anything in it., from intestines to eyeballs sometimes, but we were pretty lucky, no eyeballs. but yeah, at 1 we went and ate tons of locro, and then at 230 did it again, and wanted to die. hopefully they only have one independance day. 
number 2- we went into the house of an old lady that lived alone and was  blasting rhianna on her stereo. that was pretty funny
number 3-i want to start jogging, we should talk about me getting some runners
number 4- in case someone was gonna send a package, people here love good american church music. like cds of orchestras playing hymns, and meybe tab choir singing some of my favorite hymns (consider the lillies, be still my soul, and come thou fount, none of which are in spanish) i also would love the conferance dvd of when elder holland gave the talk "safety for the soul" since ive heard so much about it and skipped that conferance. and he is just so much better in person (that said, if someone emailed it to me in english so i could print it that would be nice too.
        Okay, these are my demands. i love and miss you all, and now im going to go read all your emails because you wrote me this week! and that makes me feel so good! 
      Love, Elder Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment