Monday, October 15, 2012

And then there were dos. October 8, 2012

Family of mine,
         so last year one of my really good buds in the mission, Elder
Larson, had just a ton of success, found this family and baptized like
8 people in a month, and since then theyve been baptizing more of
these families memers here and there. I lived with Elder Larson for
the passed 3 months and heard all about them. anyway, I just got
transfered to that area, so last night i (bawling) said goodbye to
everyone, hopped on a bus (with Elder Larson, he has meetings in
cordoba today) and came back down. I passed the morning getting to
know the whole family, their name is Gonsalez, and i think i love
them. Larson is heading back up tonight but i was lucky to be shown
around and meet so many awsome people (at least a few of which were
gonna baptize).
      My new comp is 18, he is from Chile and was one of the
experimental Elders. He only has 6 weeks in the mission and hes a
really nice guy, im sure ill learn a ton from him. so after 6 months
with 3 other Elders, im back in an apartment of 2, which will be
interesting. we only live 1 block from the bishop and hes by far the
coolest bishop ive had, and only one block from the church. Everything
seems pretty idyllic, im sure it wont always seem quite  that way, but
i feel blessed to be hear. I loved conferance. I have heard that talk
by Elder Holland, he gave it (at least a very similar one) at the MTC
a year ago, and we all have it on DVD. I really loved a few though, of
course Elder Nelsons, but i loved Elders Oaks, Elder Christofferson,
and really, elder Cook, he was just very straight up about the
consequenses of sin, and i think it was needed. Alot of our members
here didnt go, but they mostly have computers, so we´ll be setting up
some familiy home evenings so they can watch them.
       I was thrilled, as im sure everyone was, to hear about Gods new
army. We need all we can get dont we? and if peter bridge is any
model, the world wont know what hit it! but we will.
      I love you all so much, and felt so close to all of you this weekend.
 I love our eternal family.
            elder Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment