Saturday, May 14, 2011

Gee its great to be alive and in...the mtc. May 12, 2011

 HEY FAM!

       Everything is awsome here. Ive had by far my best and busiest week in the mtc which is why my letters have been slow. Dad i wrote you one yesterday but i havent mailed it yet, sara and jean marcell i am in the middle of one to the both of you. also sara i dont have time to read the talk but as soon as i can imma try to print it, you can only print one page here for some reason so it will take a couple weeks. A COUPLE WEEKS! MORE LIKE ONE AND A HALF! we got our travel plans yesterday and you will all be proud to know that i am the travel leader in our group of 8. i knew they finally recognize my potential at some point. We leave the 23rd, to atlanta for a 4 hour layover (in which im allowed to call family, so anyone who wants me to call them send me some numbers cause i only remember mom and dads. sarabi i guess i cant call you which stinks but everyone else (including my long lost family in new mexico) i am so excited to talk to you if you arent too busy. MOm if you can like send a phone card or something? that would be sweet. if not ill talk someone into loning me their cell phone. im good with strangers.
       My spanish is coming! like noticably. we have things here called progressing investigators, which are teachers role playing as someone they converted on thier missions and we teach them lessons throughout each week. Well weve had a few extra teachers in these last few weeks, one of them is one of my favorite dudes every, hes like a super wise yogi, but hes also a baller, so elder hunt and i nicknamed him yogi baller. please dont tell him that haha. anyway last night we didnt have time to teach him the lesson we had prepared so he said we could teach this morning, and i was like "aw but its P-day tomorrow" in my head, but outloud i said "ALright!" so this mornign elder frazier and i got up early and put our suits on and taught him a lesson. I used to dread having to try to mutter in broken spanish for more than 5 minutes, but today i muttered in broken spanish for an entire 35 minute lesson and wanted to go 20 more! it was awsome. I was asking the exact questions i wanted to and got him talking a ton! the only hard thing is that elder frazier still is where i was a few weeks ago so its really hard to involve him in the lesson, since he doesnt really know what either of us are saying. Im finding ways to involve him though through better planning and lots of prayer. Its been really paying off though.
       I realized today i havent been sharing many little details with yall, so ill think of a few. First of all, i have spent the last few days trying to figure out why quotes can mean so much to us be be so hard for us to apply, you know? i wrote about that in my journal last night, as a way of organizing my thoughts. I think i came to the conclusion that what someone says something great, it is great because the words carry so much truth to us, and sometimes it seems to be both what weve already known, and the key to solving our problems. I decided the reason it has that effect is because while they still may be truth, they arent truths we are ready for, in a way. So ive decided that the best way to let great words influence your life is to be the one saying them. If you constantly turn your thoughts to the heart of an issue, and youre prayerful, you'll eventually just kind of bump into something that is great, meybe just for you but is there a better way to start? i dont know where im going with this except that i feel like im becoming more capable of bettering myself and at the same time and finding way more things that need bettering, so its on my mind alot.
       On a more important topic, i eat oatmeal or cracked wheat every single day for breakfast, and a huge plate of salad every lunch and dinner, with whatever else they are serving. I feel healthy. My typical drink of choice is like 1/3 cranberry, 1/3 grape juice, 1/6 apple, and 1/6 sprite. Me Gusta. I usually use ranch dressing because theyre remodelling the kitchen so they dont give us italian anymore, someone should write a letter.
         Ugh, so much to SAY! Dad, i love getting your letters ! Mom, likewise! im seriously writing as often as i can and hopefully i will get a few sent today. Mom, brent must have got his letter because he wrote me back yesterday. Love that guy. Daniel, i swear you should have gotten my letter by now, but its awsome to hear about your job. if i dont hear from you by saturday ill write another this weekend. Sara, love the pictures of clementine and printed them out! BRandon, Kassidi, HAzel, Ole, I love you guys so much. and i miss you, and im leaving in less than two weeks and im sad that it will be even harder to write. Brandon, there are alot of things id like to tell you.
                   Alright, life is awsome, im doing well, my zone is amazing and we love each other. Elder Hunt and me and the new district of 12 dudes-3 of them are singing come thou fount in sarcrament this sunday and its going to be beautiful. I was blessed with a new district full of singers. oh yeah also neil L: anderson came and spoke to us on tuesday and it was a direct answer to my prayers. you wouldnt believe the blessings i am feeling in my life. Prayers are answered. have faith! Life is for us, and it is great, and families are the most important part, and i am thankful for all of you, and elder hunt says hi, and i am going to go because i have 20 seconds left.
          Love, Elder Bridge
                             P.>s mom thanks for the ties, love them. i have no yellow ties or ties with owls on them... (birthday?) lol love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment